Shipping and Storage Policy
We ship the items from H&T Sports auctions in-house, each card will have a PUT PLACEHOLDER FOR $ VALUE HERE per card shipping fee added to your invoice, we will ship sold H&T Sports auction items on Tuesdays and Fridays….
For all other auctions:
Howard and Thomas does not ship, but we will work with bidders to secure shipping quotes. The purchaser must pay for and remove all property from “the auction site” at his/her risk and expense.
We strongly recommend that all potential buyers obtain pack/ship estimates prior to bidding.
If you are interested in bidding on a lot and have a shipping question, please contact us at email@example.com and we will make every effort to help you with your questions. Contacting us before the auction ends will always result in a more streamlined closing process.
Buyers are welcome to use a pack/ship professional of their choice or to collect their purchases in person at “the auction site” within fourteen days (14) following the close of the auction event.
Howard and Thomas recommend three ways to get your purchased items after a sale:
- Free Pick Up at our warehouse
- Items purchased can always be picked up at our warehouse (by appointment) up to ten days after an auction closes. Please note, Howard and Thomas does not pack purchased items or have packing materials on the premises, please bring your own packing materials when you (or your shipper) come to pick up your purchased items.
- UPS Store 0830 for packing and shipping UPS or USPS. They also do freight shipping.
- 743 East Broadway, Louisville KY 40202
- 502-584-2802 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- UShip.com for large items https://www.uship.com
- Buyer will need to place the item on Uship, and H&T will coordinate the pickup with the buyer’s chosen white glove or freight shipper.
Unless specific arrangements have been made with us, all property purchased in a sale must be picked up within ten (10) business days after the sale closes.
If you do not pick up (or arrange for a pick up) of your items, we will charge a $25 service fee on the 11th business day after the sale and an additional charge of $5 per each day after that. These fees are accrued without consideration of the lot size or value… If you think this will be a problem, give us a call, we will work with you to get your items to you as quickly as you can arrange shipping.
If your items are not removed in 3 months time, they will be resold and we will keep the proceeds to pay the storage fees.
When picking up your items, please come prepared with boxes and packaging materials.
“Mr. Thomas reached out to provide additional shipping options. I was very relieved to have the shipping issue resolved. The private company he directed me to did the job well and charge a reasonable price. I will bid in Howard and Thomas auctions again with confidence that the auction house will be great to work with. I highly recommend Howard and Thomas.”
“Howard & Thomas Auction House very helpful, responses timely, purchase and shipping process glitch free.”
“The experts at this auction house are very knowledgeable and I was given quick responses and personalized service each time I have won items. Nice variety of offerings. Have been very happy with Howard & Thomas.”
“Howard and Thomas Auction House is great, the communication was fantastic, they were very helpful with arranging shipping and the antique desk is in better condition than expected. They have exceeded my every expectation.”
Do you have questions?
We have answers.
Howard and Thomas is a boutique regional auction house serving the Louisville, KY area focusing on Fine Arts, Furniture, Decorations and Sports Memorabilia. Founded in 2017, H&T is the culmination of P.A. , Barry and Jody’s combined 55 years of experience in the Art, Antique and Memorabilia business. We have seen, handled and valued countless objects from all over the antiques and art market. Our expertise in the Sports Memorabilia market is unparalleled, drawing on experience as professional appraisers, Barry and P.A. have worked with some of the most prestigious memorabilia collections in the United States.
We sell objects in the following types of sales:
- Howard and Thomas Curated
- Sales of finer objects from estates and private collectors, the perfect opportunity to find the perfect object for your collection. Provenance driven and built around single-owner collections.
- Curated sales will occur at least three times a year
- H&T Sports
- Twice monthly sales of cards, memorabilia and sports collectibles focusing on what is good about collecting sports memorabilia, offering a wide assortment of merchandise in a manner that encourages collectors to build collections without any attitude.
- Focus on graded cards with ungraded cards as well so we can offer something for everyone, with every price bracket represented in every sale.
We are always looking for quality consignments. To schedule an appointment for an in-house examination of large groups of property, please email us and Barry or P.A. will be happy to come out and have a look. The best way to work with single objects (or just a few objects) is to email an image of the object or objects to email@example.com
Buying is simple…follow these steps:
- Register to bid at www.liveauctioneers.com (click the “Join” button)
- We require a valid credit card to be on file at LiveAuctioneers to be approved to bid in our auctions
- Inspect the property you are interested in bidding on
- Come see us at our gallery
- Request a condition report if you cannot come in
- Bid online
- Make payment through LiveAuctioneers
- Arrange for shipping of the property from our gallery
All of our auctions take place online at LiveAuctioneers (www.liveauctioneers.com). Register to bid on LiveAuctioneers and place your bids, we require a valid credit card on file with LiveAuctioneers to approve your request to bid. We do not store this information. We are available to help with registration if you are having any issues, please contact us.
Unless you are local (or picking up) and want to pay with a check, all payments go through LiveAuctioneers LivePayments platform (it’s easier this way, trust us!). LivePayments accepts all major credit cards and if you want to avoid the credit card fees, they accept ACH payments.
Whether you are new to purchasing at auction or a seasoned bidder, please take the time to read our Terms and Conditions of Sale. It’s not the most exciting reading material out there, but it is very important that you understand what you are agreeing to when you place a bid with us. Please click here to read them: TERMS AND CONDITIONS