Buying and Selling
Are You Selling?
Howard and Thomas is always accepting quality consignments for sale in our auctions. We are happy to come out and look at large groups of property. For single pieces or small groupings of property please send an email with images of the items. For Fine Art, please include images of the signature and back, if possible.
Please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Are You Buying?
Most of our auctions take place online at LiveAuctioneers and the property is available for inspection at our gallery.
Buying is simple… Follow these steps:
Register to bid at www.liveauctioneers.com. (Click the “Join” button.)
Inspect the property you are interested in bidding on then come see us at our gallery or request a condition report if you cannot come in.
Make payment through LiveAuctioneers.
Arrange for shipping of the property from our gallery.
If you have any issues registering or have any questions not answered here or in our FAQ, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
“Mr. Thomas reached out to provide additional shipping options. I was very relieved to have the shipping issue resolved. The private company he directed me to did the job well and charge a reasonable price. I will bid in Howard and Thomas auctions again with confidence that the auction house will be great to work with. I highly recommend Howard and Thomas.”
“Howard & Thomas Auction House very helpful, responses timely, purchase and shipping process glitch free.”
“The experts at this auction house are very knowledgeable and I was given quick responses and personalized service each time I have won items. Nice variety of offerings. Have been very happy with Howard & Thomas.”
“Howard and Thomas Auction House is great, the communication was fantastic, they were very helpful with arranging shipping and the antique desk is in better condition than expected. They have exceeded my every expectation.”
Do you have questions?
We have answers.
Howard and Thomas is a boutique regional auction house serving the Louisville, KY area focusing on Fine Arts, Furniture, Decorations and Sports Memorabilia. Founded in 2017, H&T is the culmination of P.A. , Barry and Jody’s combined 55 years of experience in the Art, Antique and Memorabilia business. We have seen, handled and valued countless objects from all over the antiques and art market. Our expertise in the Sports Memorabilia market is unparalleled, drawing on experience as professional appraisers, Barry and P.A. have worked with some of the most prestigious memorabilia collections in the United States.
We sell objects in the following types of sales:
- Howard and Thomas Curated
- Sales of finer objects from estates and private collectors, the perfect opportunity to find the perfect object for your collection. Provenance driven and built around single-owner collections.
- Curated sales will occur at least three times a year
- H&T Sports
- Twice monthly sales of cards, memorabilia and sports collectibles focusing on what is good about collecting sports memorabilia, offering a wide assortment of merchandise in a manner that encourages collectors to build collections without any attitude.
- Focus on graded cards with ungraded cards as well so we can offer something for everyone, with every price bracket represented in every sale.
We are always looking for quality consignments. To schedule an appointment for an in-house examination of large groups of property, please email us and Barry or P.A. will be happy to come out and have a look. The best way to work with single objects (or just a few objects) is to email an image of the object or objects to email@example.com
Buying is simple…follow these steps:
- Register to bid at www.liveauctioneers.com (click the “Join” button)
- We require a valid credit card to be on file at LiveAuctioneers to be approved to bid in our auctions
- Inspect the property you are interested in bidding on
- Come see us at our gallery
- Request a condition report if you cannot come in
- Bid online
- Make payment through LiveAuctioneers
- Arrange for shipping of the property from our gallery
All of our auctions take place online at LiveAuctioneers (www.liveauctioneers.com). Register to bid on LiveAuctioneers and place your bids, we require a valid credit card on file with LiveAuctioneers to approve your request to bid. We do not store this information. We are available to help with registration if you are having any issues, please contact us.
Unless you are local (or picking up) and want to pay with a check, all payments go through LiveAuctioneers LivePayments platform (it’s easier this way, trust us!). LivePayments accepts all major credit cards and if you want to avoid the credit card fees, they accept ACH payments.
Whether you are new to purchasing at auction or a seasoned bidder, please take the time to read our Terms and Conditions of Sale. It’s not the most exciting reading material out there, but it is very important that you understand what you are agreeing to when you place a bid with us. Please click here to read them: TERMS AND CONDITIONS